Worst Christmas Gifts Ever - My List.

Buying an affordable and appropriate Christmas Gift is not the hardest thing in the world - so how come we've all experienced a forgettable gift during the holiday season? Maybe my personal bad gifts have been because I over thought the whole thing and should have just gone with gut instinct. But in saying that, going for the no brainer and sending a gift card or coupon is just plain thoughtless. So here it is, my list of worst ever Christmas Gifts - I must admit I actually bought one for a family member, the other two were, unfortunately, give to me.

Electronic Santa Gifts. Three words that should never go together I think, just like the electronic things that said Santa actually does. Here's a basic rule I guess, if Santa does something when you put batteries in the back and push the switch to ON, there is probably a reason for the Christmas Gift to be on the worst gifts list. I have seen a climbing mountaineer Santa, a flying trapeze Santa, a Santa with sunglasses that said a funny catchphrase when you got too close. Anyway, basic rule holds true, Santa does not need batteries - period.

Art is a personal gift idea. Certainly, Art is a magnificent prompt to ponder the meaning of life and appreciate the intricate design of the universe, but as a gift it is pretentious, opinionated and very likely to elicit raised eyebrows. You see, Art is one of the most personal gifts you could imagine, so for me to offer you a print of abstract wildflowers and you to actually appreciate the idea is not even remotely likely. More to the point, you would politely hand back the art and suggest it might look better on someone else's wall. I haven't received art yet, but I have given it and they don't talk about it much, so I guess it wasn't appreciated.

Discount Office Supplies bought Gift Baskets. You know the ones - small baskets filled with cheap 7 Eleven chocolates, and a candy cane and some wafer biscuits and under plastic with a little basket? I'm not sure if it was because I was working at a factory and things weren't going so well for the boss, but come Christmas, the pay clerk stood us all in line and handed out a little basket with this stuff in it to all the floor employees. The Gift Basket still had the Discount Office Supplies sticker on the underside. Surely the worst gift ever!

Another worst Christmas Gift Idea is the coupon or store voucher. They force you to select a gift from a specified store, almost worst than just flipping some cash. And just a touch more thought goes into it as well. So the worst Christmas Gift Idea ever is the Gift Voucher.

When you are thinking of Christmas Gifts, avoid my list of the worst ever and take a little time to make a meaningful, memorable Christmas Gift. There is so much out there, it really is no excuse for making the worst ever gift ideas list.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Worst-Christmas-Gifts-Ever!&id=6655765

No comments: